Lodge at Boreas Pass
LOCATION – The lodge is tucked away on a secluded 1 acre of land filled with towering aspens and pine trees. While this home is an ideal spot for Nordic skiers, hikers and bikers because of its close proximity to the many miles of trails in the area, it is also only ten minutes to Main Street Breckenridge and the ski lifts.
AMENITIES – Recently renovated, the Lodge boasts gas and wood-burning fireplaces, four full baths on three levels and a gourmet country kitchen with stainless steel appliances and customized wood cabinets. From beautiful area rugs on hardwood floors to soaring cathedral ceilings, your warm and rustic retreat will embrace you for your entire stay. There is plenty of space for everyone from the three separate living areas, plus TV nook, media room, bunk and rec room, and office nook if needed.
All Pinnacle properties come fully stocked with paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, tissues), bathroom toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap, amenities kit-cotton balls, Q-tips, sewing kit), and detergents (dish, dishwasher and laundry) as well as high-end bed linens and towels. In addition, the kitchens are stocked with cookware, bakeware, dishes, glasses, utensils and standard small appliances.
Property at a Glance:
• 4 Bedrooms / 4 Baths (4 Full) / 3,366 Square Feet / 3 Levels
• Bedding– 2 Kings, 2 Twins, 2 Twin/Twin Bunks (4 twins) 1 Futon, 1 Sleeper Sofa
• High Speed Internet
• View – Breckenridge Ski Area
• Breckenridge Park Estates Neighborhood – Baldy Mountain Area
• Access to Slopes / Shuttle / Main Street:
o Slopes – 3.9 miles - BreckConnect Gondola (Watson Avenue)
o Main Street – 3.8 miles
• Dining Capacity – Up to people (8 – dining area table, 4 – game table in additional seating area off kitchen)
• Gas fireplace – Living Area (main level)
• 2 Living Areas – one with wood burning fireplace, flat-screen television and 2 seating areas, one with gas fireplace and seating area (both on main level)
• Family Room / Recreational Room – flat-screen television, foosball table, sleeper sofa, futon & bunk room (lower level)
• Laundry – stack full-size washer/dryer, utility sink
• Office area (upper loft)
• Outdoor deck / patio – Hot tub & seating area off living areas (main level)
• Hot Tub – deck off front of house (main level)
• Parking – 4 spaces total
• 2 car garage (not for guest use)
• 4 outdoor spaces
Master King Bedroom (Main Level):
• King-size bed
• Shared bath with clawfoot tub, walk-in shower, 2 sinks
Master King Bedroom (Main Level):
• King-size bed
• Shared bath with bathtub / shower combination & 1 sink
Twin Bedroom (Upper Loft Level):
• 2 twin-size beds
• Private bath with bathtub / shower combination & 1 sink
Bunk Bedroom/Family Room (Lower Level):
• 2 twin/twin bunk beds (4 twins), sleeper sofa, futon
• Shared bath with bathtub / shower combination & 1 sink, washer/dryer, utility sink
• Parking – 4 outdoor spaces
• AWD/4WD Vehicle required between November 1st & May 31st
• No weddings, events or parties allowed. Property occupancy should never exceed the number stated on reservation
• No Pets / No Smoking
• Renters must be a minimum of 25 years old
• Maximum Overnight Occupancy 12
• Breckenridge Business License No. 658580001
- Stayed in 0001
There are many positives! The house itself is beautiful and in a wonderful location for views and proximity to Breckenridge, keystone, A Basin, Copper, Beaver Creek, and Vail. Great layout with a variety of sleeping arrangements for all sorts of groups. All of the bedding was comfortable, and there were plenty of towels for both showers and hot tub. Kitchen stocked with plenty of dishes, cutlery, glassware, and seating for a large group. The living room configuration was like none other. Two fire places and sitting areas (one with tv, one without) on the main floor provided a wonderful environment for relaxing and conversing on one end, while another group could enjoy a movie/sports on the other.
Now for the unfortunates:
1:We’ve been very lucky in years past with snowy February conditions (skier’s delight!). Most home owners work with management companies or private contractors for speedy snow removal. This home was BURIED, (even though our arrival day was clear and sunny) and remained so for the duration of our stay. We dug out the hot tub, the walkways and our driveway ourselves, daily. In 7 days we never saw any snow removal.
2: The hot tub was locked with a combination lock, NOT the key lock that went with the key hanging by the door. A call to Pinnacle property management provided us with a code which was incorrect. It wasn’t until they sent a property manager out to investigate an alarm going off in the garage (the water had shut itself off due to an alarm apparently triggered by the plumber) that we were given the correct lock code. The temperature on the hot tub was not adjustable above 99 degrees, so as soon as you open the lid on a cold night, it’s impossible to sit in and enjoy as the water temp quickly drops making it a “warm tub”. Not quite what we were looking for to soothe sore muscles after a long day on the slopes.
3:The toilet in one of the master bedrooms didn’t flush properly on day one. A text to the management company was quickly addressed and plumber was sent out. It was only fixed for one full day before it began not flushing again. Our friends had to share our bathroom for the remainder of our stay.
4: The kitchen has plenty of cookware for a small family, but certainly not enough for a larger group or anyone who loves to cook. Minimal pots and pans, no crock pot, no mixer, no large baking sheets. We made due just fine, it just took a long time to get a full meal completed for our group.
5: On our last day (thank God!) we awoke to no gas in the house. That meant no heat, (it was in the 50’s inside and no hot water for showers.) The management company responded quickly and dispatched their tech, but upon our departure they were still trouble shooting the issue and the heat was not restored.
6: We found the property to be clean on arrival, but MANY cob webs. We understand that high ceilings pose a cob web challenges, but they just lend themselves to that uneasy “ew” feeling especially when found in the kitchen and bedrooms.
Overall we had a great vacation, but when spending over $4000 of our hard earned dollars on a home with such potential for perfection, all of these issues were super frustrating. Particularly since this was the first disappointing rental in over a decade.
Pinnacle (the management company used by visitbreck.com) was very responsive and tried their best to help! The two techs we met were very apologetic and polite.
I think this could be a WONDERFUL rental with some attention to the kitchen, plumbing, heating and snow removal issues.
*Please note, renters of this home must be a minimum of 25 years old, ID will be required upon check-in.