II. Personal Information That We Collect
While using the Exotic Estates platform, we collect certain information from our Guests and Members. This information includes:
1. Information that is collected automatically through use of the Exotic Estates website: This information is processed to determine Visitors’ usage of the Exotic Estates website, and includes “cookies” (discussed in Section V below). We may gather browser information, IP addresses, mobile device identifier details, Visitors’ location, click-stream and site navigation data, the time a Visitor accessed the Exotic Estates site, any properties a Visitor viewed, what terms a Visitor searched, the duration of a visit, and other details of Visitors’ activity on the Exotic Estates site. If a Visitor asks us to connect with other sites (for example, if a request is made to connect with a Guest’s Twitter or Facebook account) we may receive information about the Guest that way. In connection with any electronic communications we may facilitate through the Exotic Estates website, we use electronic or manual checks to monitor such communications for trust and security purposes. For further details on how we collect personal data, see Section IV, Other Uses of Personal Information.
2. Information that you provide to Exotic Estates voluntarily: This refers to account profile information given to Exotic Estates when a user account is created, such as location information, payment information, and contact information. This information is stored within Exotic Estates’ proprietary booking system, which is stored separately from our Newsletter data collection (see Section III) and cookie usage (see Section V).
3. Information that is collected via chat or telephone calls to our information line: In addition to online data collection, we may gather data from you via telephone calls and our online chat programs. When you call Exotic Estates, any information we collect is subject to the same limitations and we keep this data in the same way as we keep any data we collect online. With regards to chat conversations with Exotic Estates’ representatives, the information collected is restricted to any information disclosed in the chat in addition to the information listed above in part 1.
III. Newsletters & Other Communications
Exotic Estates does not automatically collect the personal email information of visitors to its website for use in its communications. Website visitors may opt-in to receive the Exotic Estates Luxury Advisor newsletter from the website form, or via our social media pages, in which case, the visitor will be required to provide a valid email address, which will be added to the email distribution list. Any other information requested during the opt-in process for the newsletter is voluntarily provided and Exotic Estates does not use its newsletter database for any other purpose and information from the newsletter database is not connected to or shared with any other services we provide. This information is never rented or sold and thus remains in the hands of Exotic Estates. It is our intention for your private information to remain private.
Past Guests with whom Exotic Estates has had a client relationship may receive communications and notifications about new products, and may choose to opt-out of such notifications at any time by (unsubscribe process goes here).
All marketing and product emails that Exotic Estates send will contain an “unsubscribe” link or option to unsubscribe or “opt-out” in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act.
IV. Other Uses of Personal Information
In addition to distribution of its newsletter, Exotic Estates collects personal data, through entirely separate systems for a small number of other purposes.
Exotic Estates collects non-identifying and identifying data from online users of its platform that is compiled and used to improve Visitors, Members, and Guests interactions with its website.
Exotic Estates also collects information in order to be able to conduct its periodic sweepstakes. This collection is separate from other data collection and is governed by the legal terms signed when a Guest enters the sweepstakes.
Exotic Estates collects personal data when a Guest sends an inquiry about renting a villa. This data is stored separately, and contains no cookie tracking. This information is used to:
- Manage a Guest’s bookings, including disseminating information to third party vendors as outlined below;
- Enable access to the Exotic Estates Platform;
- Personalize the search experience for each Guest;
- Confirm accuracy;
- Send account notifications;
- Streamline referrals;
- Aid in fraud detection and prevention;
Exotic Estates may share information with third party vendors with your direct consent. For example, if a Guest has requested for us to connect them with a third party vendor or to purchase services from a third party vendor on their behalf in connection with their booking (e.g., an insurance provider or activities provider), then this information may be shared with the third party to coordinate booking. If you are a supplier and have agreed to let us market your accommodation, we may market you through, or refer you to, a third party system. In these situations, you are authorizing Exotic Estates to disclose to these third party vendors information required to book your accommodation and to receive the relevant services from third parties. This could include special preferences or requests, and any additional guest information. These third party vendors are not controlled by Exotic Estates and personal information shared with them is subject to their privacy policies and practices. Exotic Estates may also share information with its subsidiary Exotic Estates Concierge, LLC., which is our exclusive concierge service.
Exotic Estates also shares information in furtherance of public safety and in compliance with the law. Upon receipt of legal process or upon a valid official request from a government entity, Exotic Estates will disclose information to the courts, law enforcement, or other governmental authorities as required by law. This disclosure will be done if such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to respond to verified requests regarding a criminal investigation, to administer agreements with the users of our service, for fraud investigation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Exotic Estates, its employees, customers, and members of the public.
Exotic Estates does not sell, rent, lease or share your personal information with any other parties. The information we gather is used in the manner outlined above and in the exchanges that are required as part of the property rental process.
Exotic Estates may use your personal information to contact you to ask for your input on surveys or other forms of research, but these contacts will be limited.
Should any significant change in our company policy on data protection occur, you will be notified before any personal information is transferred or shared.
Exotic Estates uses a technology called “cookies” on its website in order to enhance your user experience. Cookies are a safe technology that may not be used to transfer viruses or other products for malicious intent. A cookie is a file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Cookies allow a website to store session information and recognize you on return in order to provide a consistent user experience across sessions. For example, if you select homes as “favorites,” the website will remember your selections upon return.
VI. Turning Off Cookies
You may choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you may choose to turn off all cookies, via adjusting your browser settings, e.g. Chrome. Each browser varies, so review your preferred browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie preferences.
VII. Protecting Your Information
While Exotic Estates takes all reasonable organizational and technical precautions to protect and secure the data it collects, no system is completely secure. We believe the processes we have implemented to be technologically appropriate to reduce our vulnerability to the types of security issues typical with this level of data collection. Our security measures have been implemented to secure and protect your information. However, it remains Members, Guests, and Visitors’ responsibility to protect their information by:
- Logging off and/or exiting the Exotic Estates website when not in use;
- Maintaining good internet security protocols by protecting and not disclosing passwords and other access information;
- Ensuring that you are not logging into the Exotic Estates website via shared access connections such as mobile hotspots, public wireless, etc.;
- Notifying Exotic Estates as soon as possible if you experience any account compromise that could affect your Exotic Estates account, including but not limited to, the email account you used to create an account with Exotic Estates.
Please note that while Exotic Estates makes all reasonable attempts to protect Member, Guest, and Visitor information, the internet as a whole is not secure and others may unlawfully attempt to intercept or access private data or transmissions.
VIII. European Data Protection Rights
If the processing of information about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with regards to that information:
- If any automated processing of personal information is based on contact with you or your consent, you have the right to receive a copy or transfer your information in a portable or usable format;
- If our processing of your information is based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time for future processing;
- You can obtain a restriction of, or object to, the processing of your information under certain circumstances;
- You can request access to, erasure of, or changes to your information at any time;
- And residents of the country of France can send Exotic Estates specific instructions regarding the use of their personal information after their demise.
IX. California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
In accordance with CalOPPA Exotic Estates agrees to meeting following requirements:
- You may visit www.exoticestates.com anonymously
- Users are able to change their personal information by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
X. Opting-Out & Unsubscribing
Exotic Estates respects the privacy and wishes of visitors to its website and those who have opted-in to receive our company communications. Users may opt-out of receiving communications from Exotic Estates by emailing: email@example.com.
Exotic Estates International
PO Box 97996
Las Vegas, NV 89193
Effective as of September 3, 2015