A 10-minute walk from Waikiki, discover your own private paradise nestled at the base of Diamond Head in Honolulu’s renowned Gold Coast. Built in 1926 and beautifully remodeled with modern luxuries, Hale Mahie is notable as an example of the Spanish Colonial Revival style, popularized in Hawaii in the 1920s and early 1930s. Formally known as the Egholm Residence, the historic Diamond Head vacation cottage enjoys additional significance as the work of famed architect Carl William Winstedt.
Hale Mahie offers 3,795 sq. ft. of stunning architecture and elegant comfort. Comprising the entire third floor, the master suite boasts a king-size Balinese-style bed, peek-a-boo ocean and Diamond Head views, a large walk-in closet, and a luxurious bathroom with an open rain-style shower and marble soaking tub. The main floor includes a second beautiful bedroom and en suite bathroom, while the lower level provides two additional bedrooms, another full bathroom, and an additional half kitchen. The home also features an expansive kitchen with marble counters, custom cabinets, and top-of-the line appliances, as well as a media room, an office, and a reading nook.
One of the most celebrated surf spots on Oahu, known by locals as “Tongs,” is directly across the street from the rental cottage. Take a 10-minute walk from the home to world-famous Waikiki Beach and the bustling Waikiki strip, where you’ll find endless options for fine dining and shopping. A number of other attractions are also within walking distance, including the Honolulu Zoo, Waikiki Aquarium, Diamond Head hiking trails, Kapiolani Park, and public tennis courts.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND DISCLOSURES:
1. Rates and fees are subject to change. Minimum stay requirements may apply. Inquire for possible discounts.
2. Online bookings are subject to manager or owner approval.
3. Standard occupancy for this rental is 6 guests with a max occupancy of 8 guests. There will be an extra fee for additional guests over the standard occupancy.
4. This vacation home has been registered as a Transient Accommodation with the State of Hawaii - HAWAII TAX ID TA-044-602-3680-01
5. Air conditioning notes: Central AC in the main living area. Split Central AC in the master and bedroom two. Split AC in bedroom 4 and the TV room.
The property will be made exclusively available to the renter for a full period of 30-days and no one else may occupy the property during that period. Rates based on a 30 day rental period. Please Inquire.
Max Included Electric Charge: $350
Tax ID: TA-044-602-3680-01.
Prices do not include applicable taxes and fees. All rates and fees are subject to change without prior notice. For more information, please contact your EEI Vacation Estate Specialist.